12/17/09

What a Sad Day

I have these days somewhat often.  The days when maybe I balance my checking account, or look at how much homework I have to do and see my scheduled hours for the week at work, or when I look at my tuition balance.  Maybe days when I realize I spend way more than I make, or when I remember my parents' health is in a steady decline.  The car's transmission, the health issue, the unsaved family and friends, the...........

Have you ever had a day like this?  A day when you look at the theoretical empire you have been trying to build and realize it is all really a flimsy sandcastle and high-tide is rolling in and an 8-year-old boy with water-wingies is rushing full-speed toward your castle so his kool-aid-stained feet with sand stuck to his toes can thrash your castle?

It is days like today I wish I had been remembering I should be standing on Christ the Solid Rock and not Billy the Flimsy Sandcastle Man.  No matter what good deeds I do and hard work I do or how high my GPA is, the fact remains that without Christ, I am destined for dirt.  And it does not stop at the dirt.  Without Christ, I am destined for hell.  What a wonderful way to live, right?  Even if I were not to believe it is true, my meek belief system does not decide what is true and false.

So, here I am.  A weak human sitting in Indiana... until I trust in Christ.
When I trust in Him, I do not have to build an empire because He has had one that has always been and always will be.
His throne is ultimate authority.
His power is greater than my Oldsmobile and anything else for that matter.
Congress and the Prez cannot sign a bill that God cannot revoke.
Mother Nature cannot produce a wave so big that He cannot surf it with ease.

Yet here I am, moping about all of my problems.  When Christ would rather go through hell to live with me, than to live without me.  Oh, what love.

Do you know that love?  As you can read, life is not a bundle of cotton candy when you trust Christ.  In fact, He never promises all our troubles and financial problems will disappear.  Your car will still break down and your parents will still die of old age.  Your tests will still be hard and your boss will still be on your case.  Your kids will still be bad and there will still be pot holes on Main Street.

But Christ does promise us an enternity in a paradise unexplainable.  Even better than the one you have heard about at church.

Please, join with me today as I declare

"On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand."
Do you know the Solid Rock?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions about God?

GotQuestions?org