9/21/09

Perspectives--What Are YOU Stressing About?

I will admit I should be sleeping now. I regret not making a to-do calendar this semester. Organization is a blessing we should take more advantage of.

I started to stress out about work and homework, until I was reminded of the young father in Uganda who is stressing about where the next meal for his family will come from. Or what about that elderly man in Toronto staying up and sitting by his frail wife's dying body, just incase tonight is the last night. I also consider that little girl being forced to hear her parents relentless hurl heart-breaking words at eachother while she is being deprived of sleep and has to go to school tomorrow and explain how she "accidently ran into the doorknob and blackened her eye."

I suppose some call the above paragraph "appealing to emotions." Appealing to emotions has been a method many people have used to persuade another into common beliefs. Do not be fooled, friend. I am appealing to your brain.

I often wonder how I can help people, whether they are better off or worse off than I. I know that simply blogging about such issues will not bring about much change. It is my prayer that I can help others.

We think we have a lot to worry about. But the words of Jesus says otherwise. I think we would be surprised how much better life is when you simply serve others and quit focussing on what we have to worry about, whether you are a Christian or not.
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you
will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and
the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they
have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you
are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the
rest?

-Jesus
(see Luke 7, NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions about God?

GotQuestions?org