9/25/09

What Gift Will YOU Give?

The older I get, the more I see the worth of old people. They are invaluable resources to anyone. I am sure you may have already thought of the crabby old man down the street, or that stubborn wrinkly woman who complains a lot about how in her day young people weren't so rude... but perhaps us younger generations can be rude, especially to older people. Before I go off on a tangent, let me tell you a story.
**

With a stomach full of Arby's, we drove down a dusty county road. Overgrown weeds on either side of the road blocked the view of the fields, but the sun still made the scene beautiful. Before we left, I asked Lavene Lemaster if should would like it if I drove (My car and luggage was at her house, I was on my way back to school from there).

We talked about all types of subjects: Her neighbors, her friend should would go see an Elvis inpersonator with, her church, her family, and so on. Then, as if God had wanted me to learn something ASAP, Lavene began to speak. I turned my head toward the passenger seat to see her kind, intent eyes looking at the road...

"I always tell my friends that God gave us all talents, but I started to think I don't have any talents. But then I thought, "Well I love people, so maybe loving people is my talent."

Leviticus 19:32 (New American Standard Bible)
You shall rise up before the grayheaded and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the LORD.

John 15:12 (New American Standard Bible)
"This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions about God?

GotQuestions?org