9/12/09

Pro-Choice or Pro-Death? Be Consistent.

My pet-peeve in someone who is inconsistent. Recently a man was shot four times because he was pro-life (someone who is opposed to abortion). This makes me wonder why people are so inconsistent. Pro-choicer's proudly argue, "We are not pro-DEATH, we just promote someone's choice."

Someone's choice to...? To perhaps be pro-death? This is where the pro-choice mentality is very inconsistent. Let us leave alone the argument of when a baby is considered alive or just a cell-cluster. First let us suppose an embryo is alive and human.

So a pregnancy is considered inconvenient. Whether it be financial stress, emotional stress, pressure from the father, etc, a woman may decide to abort her pregnancy, because of these reasons above, or many others. Bottom line, she/the father did not want the pregnancy to continue. May I present some inconveniences I experience?

I am a college student. The government takes taxes out of my well-earned Chic-fil-a paycheck. What an inconvenience!

There is this guy I know who annoys me and makes my life significantly tougher. He is backstabbing, mean, effects me financially, emotionally, and has effected me physically--my father.

What if I decided just to kill off the government and my father? I did not choose to be born in a taxed society, nor did I decide my father should biologically be my father. So I should be able to kill them, right? In a pro-choicer's logic, I should be able to, without punishment by the law. Taxes are necessary for protection and police and parks and running water. My father was necessary for me to be alive. Likewise God ordained pregnancy to be necessary for life and preservation, let alone numerous other joys (yes, and sorrows) a baby/human may bring. What gives anyone the right to think he or she may choose to abort tax collectors or their father or a baby?

Now, let us consider life. Science has proven and explained how plants are alive. Let us take a California redwood for example. It grows. It has cells that are clustered. They depend on water and sunlight and earth.

Now for an embryo: It grows. It has cells that are clustered. It depends on nourishment from a mother.

If I were to cut down one of the famous California redwoods, I would be punished by the law.

"But judge! It was blocking my view! I wanted to be a happier person and just drive around without having to dodge those stupid trees! That tree was a major inconvenience!"
***

If anyone sincerely wants the choice to choose between destroying an embryo, please be consistent and fight for my "right" to cut down a tree or destroy a historical monument or kill your family should they inconvenience me (because what if your mom parks in front of my house so I can't and she is on well-fare so my taxes support her, which directly impacts my finances, thus my emotional state of worrying about money).

I do not think that cutting down a California redwood is fine or that killing someone on well-fare is fine. I am all about supporting someone who needs my help in surviving. AKA, pro-life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions about God?

GotQuestions?org